Mild steel systems 12 month guarantee.
Stainless steel systems 10 year guarantee.
- Down pipes
- Stainless steel tail pieces(lasts longer than chrome tips)
- We make up exhausts for all motor vehicles
- Flange gaskets/Manifold gaskets
- Flex/knuckle Joints
- Exhaust Brackets
WHAT I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT EXHAUSTS AND WHEN TO REPLACE IT!!!!!
The exhaust system is one of the hardest worked systems of your vehicle.
It routes harmful fumes away from the engine and passenger cabin, all while increasing vehicle performance and reducing engine noise. Engine leakes can cause your engine to work harder, reducing fuel efficiency and putting you and those around you at risk for inhalation of hazardous fumes. If you have to take your vehicle for roadworthy they will also check the exhaust for any excessive smoking/loose baffles. Rattling and knocking noises can also be caused by broken exhaust brackets/rubbers or system not aligned correctly. If you experience any of these signs of exhaust problems please contact us at 0215922626 to have this issue fixed.
Go to our SPECIALS page and have a look at our monthly deals on exhaust systems!!!!
We supply and fit clutch kits for all vehicles, flywheel skimming/ Dual mass flywheels. Slave and master Cylinders!!!
12 MONTHS GUARANTEE LUK/VALEO/SACHS!!
The symptoms of a bad clutch:
- Spongy, sticking, vibrating or loose clutch pedal when pressed
- Squeaking or grumbling noise when pressed
- Ability to rev the engine, but poor acceleration
- Difficulty shifting gear
- Cylinder head gaskets
- Rebuild motors
It is important to do regular services on your vehicle to prevent engine oil starvation.
Normally when you do a engine overhaul it includes a few new parts such as pistons/piston rings. Main bearings/valves and springs. The cylinder and cylinder head would probably be re-bored to ensure no leaks or compression loss is occured and new gaskets will have to be fitted. It is recommended to change the oil and water pump when doing a engine overhaul as well with a oil change.
Please phone us if you have any queries regarding your vehicle tel: @ 021 592 2626
- RANCHO 4X4
WE DO SHOCK TESTING ON OUR CALIBRATING MACHINE!!!
DID YOU KNOW????
KYB – Shock absorbers has about 15 factories in Asia, Europe and United States. Their annual production capacity is more than 75 million. KYB has the largest shock absorber factory in the world Gifu Japan. Warranty on these shocks is limited to 3 years or 100 000kms from the date of fitment. The warranty will not cover A. accident damaged components B. any modifications(lowering kits)to suspension outside the original manufacturers specs C. no bump stops or protection kits D. vehicles used outside of normal road conditions.
MONROE – Shock absorbers were founded in 1916 in Monroe, Mich, by mechanic and entrepreneur August F Meyer, the business that eventually became Monroe Auto Equipment company initially manufactured tyre pumps for the owners of early automobiles. Meyer added a partner, local Dodge motorcar dealer Charles Mcintyre whose knowledge helped cultivate single barrelled pumps. Monroe expanded to Europe in 1964, Japan, Australia and Mexico in 1972/ South America in 1974 and Canada 1975. Tenneco purchased the company in 1977 and has overseen the development of several Monroe innovations for passenger vehicles. The company introduced the first gas-charged replacement shock absorbers. They also manufacture shock dust covers (protection kits) and shock (strut) mountings. 3 year or 100 000 kms guarantee on all standard suspension vehicles. There is no guarantee on modified(lowered suspensions)
All leading brands fitted and guaranteed:
Ferodo, Ate, Safeline, Brembo pads and SKF, Partquip, FAG bearings
- Brake pads and Shoes
- Discs and Drums new (disc and drum skimming on our premises)
- Master cylinders
- Load sensors
- Wheel bearings
- Hub Units
Its located at the top of the wheel above the shoes. Its function is to exert force onto the shoes so as to bring them in contact with the drum and stop the vehicle with friction. It is important to check the wheel cylinders frequently as to make sure that no brake fluid leaks out as it can drip on the shoes and will cause the shoes to become brittle and in worse cases must be replaced!!!!
WHEN DO I NEED TO REPLACE WHEEL BEARINGS??
- Grinding when the vehicle is in motion
- Knocking or clunking
- Humming/rumbling sound
- Wheel vibration or wobble
- Abnormal side pull when applying brakes
- Uneven rotor or brake pad wear
WHEN DO I NEED TO REPLACE BRAKE DISCS?
Firstly we check the brake discs condition.
- RUST ON DISC – will cause vibration/noise/squeal. Mostly occurs when vehicles stand for a long period of time. Solution is to skim discs but if too deep pit marks, replace discs and pads.
- RIDGE ON DISC – Squeal, poor stopping power. Cause is through normal wear. Skimming of discs or replacing will solve this problem.
- GROOVES ON DISC – Squeal, grinding, poor braking, occurs when foreign object embedded in pads/poor quality discs/pads. Replace with new discs/pads or skimming.
- CRACKED DISC – Vibration/noise. The cause can be high operating temperature, disc worn below minimum specification. Only solution will be to replace the discs.
DID YOU KNOW?????
FERODO – In 1897 Ferodo started making brakes for horse-drawn carts. In 1922 they become the first company to supply original equipment(OE) linings for a mass produced car, with linings fitted to the Austin 7. In 1956 Ferodo introduces the first disc brake pad on a mass produced vehicle – Triumph TR3, taking Ferodo into modern technology. Today they are one of the global leaders in both original equipment and aftermarket products. Their new discs high vibration damping helps eliminate brake noise and uneven pad wear.
SAFELINE BRAKE PADS – has a 50 000kms guarantee, except on Taxis, Racing cars and Commercial vehicles.
Please call us now with your make and model for prices on these good products and many more!!!!!!
BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER
One of the first symptoms commonly associated with a bad or failing brake master cylinder is abnormal brake pedal behaviour Engine light can also come on. Failing can be caused by wear and tear of the seals which becomes brittle and brake fluid will leak out.
- Ball Joints
- Tie Rod Ends
- Steering Racks
- Rack Ends/Boots
- CV Joints/boots/shafts
- Control Arms
- Stabilizer links
- Engine/gearbox mountings
What you need to know about CV Joints/Boots
In a front wheel drive car, the axles are connected to the wheels with CV Joints. These allow the axle and wheel to flex as the car drives . However the joint itself is a weak point in the system. It needs lubrication and it needs to be protected from dirt, dust, rocks and other debris. If the boot that seals the CV Joint is damaged, the grease will leak out and contamination will set in, eventually causing the joint to fail.
- Busted boots: If the problem is just a busted cv boot you might be able to drive some time before having work done. Here’s the thing though, the longer you drive with the boot busted, the more dirt and grime contaminates the joint and the more grease leaks out. If caught quickly you can usually just have the boot replaced rather than the entire joint.
- Clicking/popping/clunking: If you hear these sounds from the front wheels while turning, it means that the situation has progressed to the point that the CV joint is damaged. These cannot be repaired only replaced. You can drive on a damaged CV joint for a little while at least but there is no telling how long it will last.
- CV joint failure: In a worse case scenario your CV joint will fail essentially, this will break the axle leaving you with a car that wont go anywhere. If this happens while you are driving it can be dangerous and serious, leading to a total loss of control.
Symptoms of a bad or failing Tie Rod End:
- In the beginning alignment will be off, there may be some slight shimmy or pull of the wheel, as if there was simply a balance issue.
- As the tie rod gets worse, the wheel will pull to one side or the other as you brake and your tyres will wear unevenly in the front.
- Steering will feel sloppy and as the tie rod wears, it develops slack in the ball and socket. You can damage other front end parts if not attended to!!!!!
The function of the ball joint is to hold the wheel to the vehicle! When the tyres hits a bump the ball joints must be able to move up and down but sometimes if the ball in the socket is too loose then you need to replace it. Some vehicles have upper and lower ball joints. It can cause vibration and cluncking noices!! So whenever youre hearing this sound please have it checked out as the ball can come out of the socket and you can end up swerving all over the road!!!!
STABILIZER BAR LINKS
Common signs of faulty stabilizer links include clunking and rattling noises from the tyre area, poor handling and loose steering wheel. The links attach to the lower control arm of the front suspension and have bushings along the link for protection and to ensure smooth ride. Some vehicles also have links on the rear suspension.
One of the first symptoms commonly associated with bad control arms is steering wheel vibrations. If the bushings or ball joints in the control arm become excessively worn it can cause wheel shimmy which may cause vibrations that may be felt in the wheel. The vibrations may increase as you accelerate and smoothen out once you are traveling at speed. Steering can also wander all over the road pulling to the left or right. Clucking noises are another symptom because if the bushings develop excessive play it can cause these sounds.
This is why its so important to have your
vehicles suspension checked out every 6 months!!!!!!
An engine mounting is the part that holds the engine in your car.
In a typical car, the engine and transmission are bolted together and held in place by three or four mountings. The job of a mounting is not only to hold the engine in place, but to reduce the engine vibration felt inside the car.
We see the most of the problems with engine mountings starts to show in 5-7 year old vehicles. The most common problem with the engine mounting is when the rubber part breaks or separates or when liquid starts leaking out of the liquid filled mounting. You will also have an increase in engine noise and vibration felt inside the car. Some vehicles a broken mounting can cause a noticeable jolt or thump when shifting into drive or reverse or when accelerating or decelerating.
please note that any problem with your car will be less expensive to repair if caught earlier. Have your car checked out as soon as possible if your notice any signs of problems such as:
- Warning lights on dash
- Engine temperature rising more than usual
- Noises when driving over bumps or while braking
- unusual smells while driving
- One common sign of a radiator starting to worn out is if there is coolant leaking out, maybe because of a crack.
- If the vehicle overheats or coolant is leaking underneath the vehicle. Time to replace as there can also be a build up of sludge in the radiator. We also do new radiator caps/thermostat housing/hoses.
BEFORE GOING ON HOLIDAY:
HAVE YOUR OIL CHANGES/SERVICES DONE REGULARLY AND ALL BELTS
KEEP ALL FLUIDS IN YOUR CAR CLEAN AND TOPPED UP
MAKE SURE OF ALL LIGHTS AND ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
TYRE PRESSURE CHECK SPARE WHEEL/JACK
CHECK BATTERY TERMINALS FOR ANY ACID LEAKS/CRACKS/CORROTION
KEEP A TYREWELD / ANTI FREEZE / BOTTLE WATER / TORCH LIGHT / ALWAYS IN BOOT OF VEHICLE
BRAKES IN GOOD CONDITION???
- Falken – 50 000km factory warrantee
- Autogrip – 2 year warrantee – low noise level, asymetric pattern, radial tyres
Please note that tyres must be rotated every 6 months or 10 000 kms!!!!!!
Replace your tyres:
- Most tyres have tread wear bars- bands of hard rubber that you can only see when your tread depth has gone beyond the limit for safe driving which is generally 1.6mm
- Check the treads for uneven wear patterns that can indicate other problems with your tyres.
- If there is a bulge or a blister on the sidewall of a tyre it can lead to tyre failure and can be dangerous.
- A tyre has gone flat due to a blow out or has laceration damages.
- If you are only buying 2 tyres make sure the new ones match the old tyres and put the new tyres on the rear axle, this is for better traction and stability when you drive.
Its raining, you’ve got a car full of kids or on your way home from a long day at the office, and all you want is to just get home and put your feet up. The last thing you need is a flat tyre. Standing at the side of the road, trying to undo the wheel nuts, getting cold and wet, trying to avoid the passing traffic- its difficult, frustrating, time consuming and potentially dangerous. There is a solution that is much quicker/safer and simpler:
- Quick and easy emergency puncture repair
- No tools or jack required
- Gets you back on the road fast
- Safe non-toxic formula doesn’t damage tyres
- Peace of mind in your boot
- It re-inflates the tyre and seals
- Tyreweld works in minutes
- Also available for 4X4 vehicles
Available at our shop now!!!!!
We service all makes of vehicles, petrol and diesel.
FREE 20 point safety check and FREE shock test with every service done at our shop!!!!!
DIAGNOSTIC TESTING ON OUR LAUNCH MACHINE
- Car diagnostics software helps keep your vehicle running smooth. The software is built into all vehicles made after 1996.
- The ECU(electronic computer unit) not only controls certain engine functions, but it also keeps a record of all of the things that happen to your car as you drive it.
- These codes will explain what is going on with the car and are the basis for the diagnosis of your problem and how to fix it, especially when the check engine light comes on or if you experience other problems.
The software that measures the diagnostics of your car takes regular readings of different systems in the vehicle. This is primarily in centre on the engine.
Toe, Caster, Cambers, Bending, Shimming.
If your car drifts to one side and you have to turn the steering wheel away from the centre position to avoid veering off on an angle that’s the surest indication that your are in need of a wheel alignment. Perhaps it is the result of hitting a deep pothole or scoring a dirct hit on a curb while parking. You might also want to inspect your tyres to see if there are any signs of tyre wear, such as the tread being worn off along one edge, another sign of an alignment issue. Just remember vibrations are probably caused by wheels being out of balance or bent or because parts of the suspension are worn and getting your wheels aligned wont solve those problems.
PLEASE COME IN FOR A FREE 20 POINT SAFETY CHECK on your vehicle if you have any problems referring to the above!!
AIR CONDITIONING REGAS
Why do we need to regas or service our vehicles air con and how often do we need to service or re gas it?
- When not cooling the inside of your vehicle, its probably time for a re-gas. One of the most vital parts of your car’s air con is the evaporator. It removes heat from inside the vehicle and changes it into vapour compressing it to cool air through the refrigerant. Its most susceptible to corrosion by harmful acids. Usually by this stage, the evaporator is beyond repair. The best way to avoid this, is regular air con servicing to keep it working efficiently and safely.
- On average your vehicle’s cooling system will need to be serviced or re-gassed every 1 to 2 years.
- Other warning signs can indicate that your cooling system is “unhealthy”. Musty odours when turning unit on- can mean a build-up of bacteria and mould travelling through air vents can lead to headaches, common colds and allergies. The bacteria grows over time or also can be set of from cigarette smoke or blocked evaporator drain. Servicing and treatment needs to take place 1-2 years.
GO TO OUR “SPECIALS” PAGE FOR OUR LATEST DEALS ON RE-GAS/SERVICE/TREATMENTS!!!!!
Maxim is a Calcium battery, which is maintenance free and has a two year factory warranty.
Willard has a warranty of 25 months. In 1981 Willard Batteries became 100% South Africa owned.
Wiper blades should be replaced every 6 to 12 months or as soon as you notice a difference in driving visibility.
When the wiper blades no longer make proper contact with the windshield surface they can begin to squeak, chatter, skip, smear or streak reducing the driving visibility.
It will be part of the free 20 point safety check when coming in for your service!
DO YOU STILL REMEMBER THIS OLD CAR COMMERCIAL ON TV?
- Head light globes
- park lights/brake lights
- Starting problems?
- Lights not working?
- Central locking
- Any other auto electrical problems? Please feel free to contact us at 021 592 2626 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.